- Persons from the EU, the EEA states and Switzerland do not require a visa and subsequently a residence permit.
- Persons from Australia, Brazil, Israel, Japan, Canada, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand and the USA do not require a visa for entry. Those who wish to stay longer than 3 months must apply for a residence permit for study purposes at the responsible foreigners authority after entering Germany.
- Persons from all other countries require a visa for entry and must apply for this at the German embassy or a German consulate in their home country. You should expect up to three months processing time for the visa.
An overview of the visa requirements can be found here.
With a total of 20 hours per week, our intensive German course fulfils the official requirement to obtain a visa.
- Fill in the registration form
Please make an advance payment of the following amount:
a) for a booking of up to 12 weeks lump sum € 560,00
b) for a booking of 13 weeks or more a lump sum of € 1.500,00
A share of € 200.00 of this advance payment shall be deemed to be a security deposit. If no contract is concluded (e.g. because a visa has demonstrably been refused), fees already paid minus the security deposit will be refunded immediately.
However, some foreign missions expect the course fee to be paid in advance and in full in order for the visa to be issued.
In urgent cases, we will send you the documents by courier (e.g. DHL) after payment of a surcharge of € 90.00.
In any case, we recommend that you obtain information about the specific conditions and requirements in good time from the German embassy in your home country or the respective consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany.
As a rule, you will need:
- proof of financial support for at least the first year, e.g. by paying a security deposit (at least € 11,208.00) into a blocked account or a confirmation of financial support from your parents or another person in the amount of € 934.00 per month (declaration of commitment)
- a valid passport
- application forms completely filled out in German
- passport photos
- proof of health insurance for the period of stay
- a letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae
and, if applicable, proof of language skills already acquired.
Please let us know immediately in case there are any delays in your visa application. If desired, we can postpone your course booking accordingly. The first postponement is free of charge; for further postponements we charge € 50.00 each.
If your application is rejected, we will need your rejection letter. Once we have received this decision, we will refund your deposit minus the security deposit of € 200.00 and any costs incurred such as courier delivery or bank charges.