General Terms and Conditions
1. Participation and registration
1) Participation in our courses is possible for all persons interested in education from the age of 18. In consultation with TANDEM Hamburg e.V., participation in our courses is also possible for younger persons.
(2) You can register via our online registration form or send us the registration form by email, fax or post or you can bring it to us in person.
(3) You will receive a written confirmation of registration by e-mail, fax or post within one week of receipt of your registration. Only then does your contract with TANDEM Hamburg e.V. come into effect.
(4) If you require a visa for your language stay, the contract with TANDEM Hamburg e.V. will only be concluded on the condition that you make an advance payment:
a) for a booking of up to 12 weeks a lump sum of € 560.00
b) for a booking of 13 weeks or more a lump sum of € 1,500.00
d) A share of € 200.00 of this advance payment shall be deemed to be a security deposit. If no contract is concluded (e.g. because a visa was demonstrably declined / refused), fees already paid minus the security deposit will be refunded immediately.
N.B.: In many countries of origin, the German missions abroad or the corresponding German authorities require proof of full payment of the fees. These exceed the amounts mentioned above. Paragraph c) also applies to these cases.
2. Start, duration and organisational changes
(1) TANDEM Hamburg offers its courses as face-to-face and online courses.
(2) The start, duration, location and teaching times of the courses can be found in the course programme.
(3) Intensive courses must be booked for a minimum duration of one week.
(4) You can join ongoing evening and intensive courses after a placement test and – if you wish – a free trial session.
(5) In exceptional cases, the teaching location for face-to-face courses can be changed within a reasonable radius of the original venue. Furthermore, the teachers can be changed at all events if TANDEM Hamburg e.V. has a considerable interest in doing so due to special circumstances (e.g. illness of the teacher). The participant will be informed immediately.
(6) There are no classes on public holidays.
3. Terms of payment
(1) You will receive an invoice for the booked services together with the confirmation of registration.
(2) The invoice amount is due four weeks before the start of the course. If registration takes place later than four weeks before the start of the course, the invoice amount is due immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
(3) For courses with a duration of more than one month, a monthly instalment payment can be agreed.
(4) Subject to nos. 6 and 7, the obligation to pay shall also exist if the course is not attended or only partially attended or if participation is discontinued.
5) All bank charges incurred with the payment of the course fee are at your expense.
6) For bank transfers please use the following account:
TANDEM Hamburg e.V.
(Postbank - a branch of Deutsche Bank AG)
Überseering 26, 22297 Hamburg
IBAN: DE 89 2001 0020 0004 2442 09
4. Change of booking
(1) A rebooking of booked services (e.g. change of course date) is permissible in exceptional cases and will be made in consultation with TANDEM Hamburg e.V.
(2) The first rebooking is free of charge, for each further rebooking we charge a fee of 50.00 EUR.
(3) Wir informieren Sie unverzüglich über die Nichtdurchführung und bereits erbrachte Zahlungen in diesem Fall werden unverzüglich erstattet.
5. Minimum number of participants, non-implementation
(1) A minimum of 5 participants is required for our group courses to take place, unless otherwise stated or expressly agreed.
(2) If there are not enough registrations for a course or if the course cannot be held due to circumstances for which TANDEM Hamburg is not responsible, TANDEM Hamburg is not obliged to hold the course. In this case, TANDEM Hamburg e.V. reserves the right not to hold the course or to shorten the course in consultation with you.
(3) We will inform you immediately if the course does not take place and any payments already made in this case will be refunded immediately.
6. Withdrawal from the contract
a) Language courses:
(1) You can withdraw from the contract up to four weeks before the start of the course at the latest. In this case, you will have to pay a processing fee of 50.00 EUR. If a visa was required for this language stay, the processing fee corresponds to the security deposit of 200.00 EUR. A handling fee will not be charged if a substitute participant is found in good time.
(2) You are permitted to prove that expenses have not been incurred at all or have been significantly lower.
(3) Only in the case of individual tuition can you cancel a session up to 24 hours in advance (weekdays only) free of charge.
(1) telc examinations:
If you cancel your registration before the closing date, we will refund the examination fee less an administration fee of € 50.00. A later cancellation is not possible.
Exception: If you fall ill on the day of the exam, please inform us immediately by email to email@example.com and submit a sick note within 4 days. In this case we will refund the examination fee minus a handling fee of € 50.00.
(2) TestDaF examinations:
If you withdraw before the registration deadline, you will pay a processing fee of 15 % of the examination fees. A later withdrawal is not possible.
All withdrawals must be declared in text form.
(1) For events with a duration of more than three months, cancellation is possible for the first time at the end of the third month after the start of the course with a notice period of six weeks. Thereafter, ordinary cancellation is possible at any time with six weeks' notice to the end of the month.
(2) In the case of contracts with a shorter term, ordinary termination is excluded.
(3) The right to terminate the contract for good cause remains unaffected.
(4) Notice of termination shall be given in text form.
(5) In the event of termination, you must pay the course fees in proportion to the course that has taken place up to that point; in addition, a flat-rate reimbursement of expenses in the amount of 10% of the remaining total course fee will be due.
(6) If you are responsible for the reason for termination or if you have caused the termination by TANDEM Hamburg e.V. through behaviour contrary to the terms of the contract, you shall pay the course fees in proportion to the course that has taken place up to that point and contract termination damages amounting to 50% of the remaining total course fee.
(7) You are always allowed to prove that expenses or damages have not been incurred at all or have been significantly lower.
(8) TANDEM Hamburg e.V., on the other hand, has the right to prove and claim a higher amount than the lump sum.
(1) With the exception of damages resulting from injury to life, body or health, TANDEM Hamburg e.V. shall not be liable for any other damages; this shall not apply, however, if the damages are due to an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by TANDEM Hamburg e.V. or a legal representative or vicarious agent of TANDEM Hamburg e.V. or if the damages are due to a breach of essential contractual obligations by TANDEM Hamburg e.V.. Essential contractual obligations are those, the fulfilment of which enable the proper execution of the contract and the achievement of the purpose of the contract in the first place and on the observance of which you may regularly rely.
(2) Excluded from the exclusion of liability are also damages which are insured as is customary in the industry.
(3) Insofar as TANDEM Hamburg e.V. is also liable for simple negligence, liability for damage to property and financial loss which is atypical and unforeseeable for the contract is excluded.
9. Data protection
Data protection is of particular importance to the management of TANDEM Hamburg e.V.. Personal data is only collected and used for administrative purposes; it is not passed on to third parties.
For more details, please refer to our data protection declaration according to DSGVO, which you can find here.
TANDEM Hamburg 05.01.2023
Dieses Dokument gibt es hier als PDF zum Download.