The European Language Certificates at TANDEM Hamburg
Our exams take place at our school, obviously following our hygiene rules.
telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
"telc German C1 Hochschule" tests your high-school-related German knowledge at a very advanced level. The test is intended for adults who want to study at a German university, and also for those who are already studying or working in an academic career and want to prove their knowledge of German.
Examination fees and dates
You can register online and send us the copy of the examination fee bank transaction. You may also come to our office and register and pay via cash or card.
NOTE: We have 24 seats per examination. 8 of these are reserved for participants in our preparation courses.
|For participants in TANDEM's courses||€ 195,00|
|For all others||€ 205,00|
|Booking Details||Results available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||07.10. + 08.10.2022||21.09.2022||You may collect your results at TANDEM now.|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||11.11. + 12.11.22||26.10.2022||You may collect your results at TANDEM now.|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||18.11. + 19.11.22||01.11.2022||You may collect your results at TANDEM now.|
Fit for your exam: take a look at our preparation courses
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||
1 day, from 10:00
|21.12.2022||FULLY BOOKED||You may collect your results at TANDEM now.|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||20.01. + 21.01.2023||04.01.2023||FULLY BOOKED|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||17.02. + 18.02.2023||01.02.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||17.03. + 18.03.2023||01.03.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||21.04. + 22.04.2023||05.04.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||05.05. + 06.05.2023||18.04.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||16.06. + 17.06.2023||31.05.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||14.07. + 15.07.2023||28.06.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||11.08. + 12.08.2023||26.07.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||08.09. + 09.09.2023||23.08.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||06.10. + 07.10.2023||20.09.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||03.11. + 04.11.2023||18.10.2023||Places still available|
|telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule||01.12. + 02.12.2023||15.11.2023||Places still available|
Please click here for all information 2023 on this exam at a glance.
Where, when and for how long: Examination times and duration
* The exam takes place at TANDEM, generally on a Friday and on a Saturday. The written part of the exam starts on the first day of the exam at 2 pm, the oral one is to follow on the next day in the morning.
* The written section takes, excluding the introduction, approx. 200 minutes (plus a break of 20 minutes); the oral section takes about 16 to 24 minutes (plus 20 minutes preparation) and is completed in groups (2 -3 examinees).
Only one exam section is successfully completed: What can you do?
Have you already completed the examination and passed either the oral or written section? If so, you can have this section of the examination credited. You must send us the examination result (the sheet entitled "Ergebnisbogen") so that we can forward in on to TELC.
IMPORTANT: IMPORTANT: The failed section of the examination can only be repeated within one year of taking the exam.
Please be aware that even if you only want to repeat a section of the examination, you will be required to pay the full examination fee.
The small print: Examination cancellation
* In the case of cancellation before the registration closing date, we will refund the examination fee, minus a processing fee of € 50.00. Later cancellations are not possible. Exception: If you are ill on the examination day, please inform us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a medical certificate within 4 days. In this case, we will refund the examination fee minus a processing fee of € 50.00.
After your examination: Collection of your result
* You may collect your result here approx. 3–4 weeks later - please check our website (see above) to find out whether they have already arrived.
* For data protection reasons, we do not give any information as to whether the examination was passed or failed over the telephone.
* You will need to collect your examination results personally, with appropriate identification, at our school. If you are not able to to do that, you may also send us (or bring to the examination) a self-addressed A4 envelope with the appropriate postage stamp required and we will post them to you. If you would like to send someone to collect your examination results, you will need to also write an appropriate power of attorney letter for this specific person.
Before your examination: Preparation possibilities
For this exam we offer a preparation course :
• You will get to know the various types of tasks and their assessment criteria
• You will train supporting exam strategies and techniques
• You will simulate real exam situations
• You will enhance your academic vocabulary
Further details on the telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule (preparation materials, mock exams) may be found here.
Mock exams and other downloads