Methodology and Didactics for German as a Foreign Language
In this seminar you will review and expand your personal repertoire of methods. You will get to know different methods and exercises with which you can address different learning types and make your lessons more varied. This will make your lessons more lively and motivating.
The training is practically oriented: Methods and exercises from the areas of reading comprehension, listening comprehension, speaking, writing, vocabulary development, grammar, phonetics and theatre pedagogy are presented, tried out and discussed together.
TIP: This seminar is funded by the European Commission's Erasmus+ programme, subject to an approved application. Colleagues from European countries can apply to their National Agency to have their seminar, travel and accommodation costs covered.
This practice-oriented training addresses the following questions:
- How can we promote communication in the classroom while involving as many learners as possible in discussions?
- How can we ensure that our learners not only learn words and grammatical structures, but also use them in communicative contexts?
- How can we practise reading and listening comprehension without our learners despairing of unfamiliar vocabulary or rushing to consult a dictionary?
- How can we help our learners to write well-structured texts and correct them on their own or in a group?
- How can learners improve their pronunciation in a playful way?
- How can we use theatre pedagogy methods to break down learning blocks and make learning German fun?
Course dates and further information
For the year 2023, we invite sending organisations (public or private schools, language schools, etc.) to make proposals for the week in which the course should take place. After booking, we publish the dates here and in the EU database and invite further participants.
- Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., incl. lunch break
|Fees for the seminar and accommodation*|
Seminar fees incl. materials
Fees for private accommodation (from Sunday before the start of the seminar until Saturday after the end of the seminar)
Single room, self-catering
Single room, bed & breakfast
Accommodation service fee
• To apply for grants, please contact your national agency; you can find the appropriate address here: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/contact/national-agencies_de.
* Petra Küntzler has been running training courses for teachers from other European countries since 2011.
* Sigrid Kolster has many years of experience in the field of speech training for aspiring actors at drama schools.
Both trainers have been teaching German as a foreign language at TANDEM Hamburg for many years with great fun and success.