Learn German successfully in Hamburg
So you are going to learn German here at TANDEM? That's a great idea! No matter whether you are a resident of Hamburg or if you are currently planning a language trip to Germany – you will certainly find the most suitable language course here!
And as we are keen on you experiencing an exciting German language course, TANDEM Hamburg is offering regular leisure activities and excursions after class. Welcome to one of the nicest metropolitan cities in Europe – we'll show you Hamburg's most beautiful and interesting sights!
This is our offer for you:
This is the right language course for you if you...
• are looking forward to having fun learning in an small international group (3-10 students)
• want to learn German for your studies, your professional career or for any other reason or are on a language or educational holiday
This course is the right one for you if you...
• wish to spend one or more afternoons for additional training
• have clear learning objectives and wish to progress as fast as possible in a short time are looking for a great deal of personal support
• are looking forward to having more time for your personal learning goals
We have the right German language course for you if you...
• can join a class to learn German on 2 evenings per weeks for 2 class hours
• are a resident of Hamburg or environ and would like to improve your
competence of this country's language after your working time
• would like to have regular training sessions, but cannot spare the time for an intensive class
• have a job in Hamburg and would like to take advantage of your personal bonus voucher (Prämiengutschein) for language training
The best way forward for you if you...
• would like to have an individual and flexible training schedule
• are looking for a great deal of personal support
Almost any Monday can be your first day of class in your German course. Let us test your language level without any cost; afterwards we will invite you for test session in the appropriate course.
Beginners without any previous knowledge of the language may start on the following dates:
There are no classes during public holidays.
TANDEM is closed on the following days:
29 Mar, 1 Apr, 1 May, 9 May, 20 May, 3 Oct and 23 Dec – 5 Jan 14.
New courses are starting on 6 Jan 14.
The materials fee: 40.00 €
For the materials fee you will receive your counselling and placement as well as your course materials (the first course book and TANDEM’s own materials), and your final certificate. If you wish, we will also find a TANDEM partner for you.
The levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2
Our language courses are set up in accordance with the European Framework of Reference for Language Learning; therefore they match international standards and requirements.
We run group courses on levels A1 to C1; further advanced students may book single training here.
We aren’t just called TANDEM® for nothing.
In addition to our language courses, we organise TANDEM language exchanges, helping you to enhance your skills even further!
Please click here for further information: TANDEM exchange
Exams and certificates
We have collected some information on visas required for entry into Germany by citizens from a number of countries.